Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3d Language Requirement

Right... Without going through the details of INSEAD's language policy, the university requires that all students speak three languages before graduating... With Arabic and English under my belt, my logical choice for a third language was French, since I am already familiar with it from school...

I just sat for the DELF A2, which is the exam used to prove a Basic level of proficiency in French, and I have a feeling I did very well, given the fact that my only recent preparation was one course at CCF (centre culturel francais) and a nice pot of hot brewed coffee before the actual exam...

I must say that I advise anyone planning French as an exit language to sit for the DELF, instead of waiting to do the INSEAD test (a sample of which is available at MBA Connect) for several reasons...

1) Don't waste valuable party time at INSEAD studying for language courses
2) Don't wait till after you are done, and receive a blank paper when graduating
3) DELF is EASY! And by easy, I mean 3'd-grade-special-needs-style-easy... If the sample test I have seen on MBA Connect is 8 on a 10 level scale, then the DELF is easily a 3/10...

With this said, wish me luck... Results are out in about 3 weeks time...

PS, a blogpost about the pre-readings is long over due, but alas, so are the pre-readings themselves!

MooN

No comments:

Post a Comment